What toner does a Brother printer use?
Brother printers can use lower cost aftermarket or third-party toner cartridge replacements as well as original Brother cartridges. Lots of customers have used our aftermarket toner cartridges and made the switch from very expensive Brother toner cartridges. Aftermarket toner cartridge replacements by LD replacements perform just as well as original Brother cartridges. They print the same number of pages (some customers have actually reviewed LD cartridges to print more pages) and deliver the same print quality.
Find low-cost Brother toner alternatives that print the same number of pages and deliver the same rich print quality as OEM Brother cartridges. You can also shop original Brother cartridges here!
BEST VALUE: Get 2 to 3 high yield compatible Brother toners for the price of one standard genuine Brother cartridge. Brother toner cartridge bundles are also available for even bigger discounts. Lower prices on affordable alternatives to Brother INKvestment printer ink cartridges also available online. It's savings that keep on giving!
Popular Brother Toner Cartridges
Here are some quick links to help you shop our Brother toner best-sellers:
Brother TN450 toner
Brother DR630 drum unit
Brother TN750 toner
Brother TN650 toner
Brother TN221 toner
Brother TN850 toner
Brother TN660 toner
Brother LC103 ink cartridges
Brother LC203 ink cartridges
Brother LC75 ink
How to change toner in a Brother printer
1. Make sure the printer is powered on.
2. Open the front cover of the printer.
3. Remove the drum unit holding the toner cartridge from the printer.
4. Set the drum unit on a surface covered with paper towel to protect from accidental leaks.
5. Push down on the green lever next to the toner cartridge to release it. This is usually found on the right of the drum unit.
6. Remove packaging from the new toner cartridge. Do not yet remove the clip.
7. Gently shake side to side to redistribute the toner powder inside the new cartridge.
8. If your new toner comes with a clip, now's the time to remove it. Make sure you do this over a paper towel or over a trash bin.
9. Slide the new toner cartridge back into the drum unit where you removed the empty toner cartridge. You do not need to replace your drum unit every time you replace your toner cartridge.
10. Push it down until you hear it click into place. Make sure it clicks into place.
11. It's always a good idea to clean the corona wire everytime you replace toner cartridges. To do this, locate a green tab that can slide across the drum unit and slide it left and right a few times. Make sure you return the green tab to its starting position so the arrows line up.
12. Return the drum unit with the toner cartridge back into the printer.
13. Close the front cover of the printer.
14. Wait for your printer to detect the new cartridge. You can now start printing.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying replace drum?
When you printer prompts this message, it means your printer's drum unit has reached the end of its life and needs to be replaced.
To replace the drum unit, follow the same steps as replacing the toner cartridge but this time instead of discarding the toner cartridge, you replace the drum unit.
Popular Brother Laser Printers
Brother printers are great for everyday documents and photos but its Brother's dedication to offering the best laser printer technology
that made them one of the pioneers in the print industry. Brother printers are rated top-tier for reliability and consumer satisfaction by PC World
, making them a business and household favorite.
Brother Printer Troubleshooting
Why is my Brother printer not printing?
There may be a couple of reasons why your Brother printer stopped printing or is offline. Some of the possible reasons are it may have lost its wi-fi connection, your printer driver might be outdated, your brother printer is out of toner or the drum has reached the end of its life, or it could also be that your printer settings have changed. Here are ways on how to address each problem.
First thing to check for is if your printer is powered on. Check if the lights or the LCD display are on. If they are not, this could be the reason why your printer is offline.
Otherwise, next thing to check is if your printer's LCD is displaying an error message such as paper jam or if your printer cartridge is running empty. Fix the paper jam or replace your cartridge to remedy these errors.
If not, the next thing to check is if your printer is connected to your computer. If using, make sure the ethernet cable or the USB cable is properly connected to your computer. If you're connected via a wireless connection, print the network configuration page from your printer to check if the IP address matches with your computer's.
Next thing to check for is if your printer is set as the default printer. If it isn't, set it as the default printer and see if you're able to print. If it already is, check the printer queue and clear it by canceling all pending print jobs.
Next possible issue to check is your printer's driver. See if your printer's driver is obsolete and needs an update. If it does, download the latest driver and install it.
Otherwise, check if your printer is connected to the wi-fi.
How to connect your Brother printer to wi-fi
To connect your Brother machine to a wifi network, follow the following steps:
1. Note the SSID of your Wi-Fi network. Make sure your Brother printer is on.
2. Press the Menu button on the control panel of your printer.
3. Press the Up or Down key until you see Network. Press the OK button.
4. (This step might not apply to all Brother printers.) Press the Up or Down key until you see WLAN. Press the OK button.
5. Press the Up or Down key until you see Setup Wizard. Press the OK button.
6. When you see the question WLAN Enable?, select Yes. This should trigger the wireless setup wizard process.
7. The printer will now look for all available networks and display the list of Network Names or SSIDs that it detected.
8. Press the Up or Down keys to look for your SSID, refer to the SSID you noted down earlier. Once you see it, press the OK button.
9. If your WiFi requires a network key or password, you need to enter it at this point. Press the OK button to save your settings. You will then see Apply Settings, press the OK button. You don't have to do this step if your WiFi doesn't require authentication.
10. Your printer will now try to connect to your WiFi network.
11. You should see the message Connected on your printer's LCD display if your printer was successfully able to connect to the network. Your printer will print a WLAN report that says Connection OK.
How to reset your Brother printer
1. If your printer is plugged to a network, unplug it to disconnect.
2. Next, press on the Settings button.
3. Select or press the All Settings option.
4. Press Initial Setup then press Reset.
5. Press the All Settings or Factory Reset (depends on which model you have) button.
6. Press on the Yes button.
7. Your printer will prompt a printer reset. Press Yes and press down on the button for two seconds.
Here's another way to reset your Brother printer to factory settings:
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Open the front of the printer as if to change cartridges.
3. With the front of the printer open, press down on the Go button to turn on the printer but do not release until all of the lights light up. Release the Go button.
4. Press the Go button 10 times. Close the front of the printer.
5. Press the Go button. The printer should reset itself without you needing to turn off the printer.
When it comes to Brother replacement cartridges, 4inkjets is a trusted favorite for printer ink and toner products
with the lowest online prices. Use 4inkjets coupons
to save more on our Brother products!
Find top quality ink and toner replacements for popular Brother printers and cartridges:
Brother HL-2270DW Toner
Brother HL-2240 Toner
Go Green With Our Brother Toner Replacement Cartridges
Remanufactured cartridges help minimize waste and shrink the impact of your printing on the environment. Millions of ink cartridges are unnecessarily discarded daily, and each cartridge recycled is one that avoids the landfill. We've partnered with industry-leading electronic components recyclers to source our cartridge components.
At 4inkjets.com, we strive to offer you the highest quality Brother toner, Brother ink and fax cartridges as well as thermal fax ribbon rolls, for the lowest prices possible. We stock printing supplies for all Brother printers, including Brother HL printers, Brother MFC printers and nearly every other Brother model. There is no reason to look anywhere else for your Brother ink cartridges, Brother toner and Brother fax supplies. Browse our inventory (updated daily) by using the printer model number and menus above. Or feel free to contact our dedicated and knowledgeable customer service team with any questions. Our customer service representatives can also assist you in placing and processing your order over the phone. Thank you for shopping with 4inkjets.com!
If for any reason you can not find the product you are looking for our dedicated and knowledgeable customer service team is standing by to assist you. Just call 800.465.5387.