Shop LOW COST Epson WF-3640 ink replacements! Highly-recommended by customers. Get the same sharp prints at better prices with Epson WF-3640 compatible ink cartridges. Original Epson ink also available.
What ink does Epson WF-3640 use?
The WF-3640 printer uses Epson 252 black, cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges which come in standard and high yield (XL). A standard Epson 252 black prints 350 pages and a high yield Epson 252XL black contains more ink and prints 1,100 pages. Enjoy BIG savings and brilliant print results with aftermarket Epson 252 cartridges!
Many consumers are worried if the use of compatible or aftermarket printing supplies will void their printer's warranty. The answer is no.
More simply put, this means that your printer warranty cannot be voided just because you choose to use compatible products unless the manufacturer can prove that the compatible product caused direct damage to your printer. In cases such as this, the manufacturer may choose not to repair your printer but your warranty would remain in effect for all other warranty issues.
For more information see:
MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY IMPROVEMENT ACT
United States Code Annotated
Title 15 Commerce and Trade
Chapter 50 Consumer Product Warranties
15 Section 2302 Section C.
What ink does my Epson printer take?
Your Epson WorkForce WF-3640 printer uses 4 Epson 252 cartridges: 1 black, 1 cyan, 1 magenta, and 1 yellow. All colors come in standard and high yield (XL) sizes. A high yield Epson 252XL cartridge prints more than its standard counterpart. If your a frequent printer user, it's more reasonable and economical to use high yield cartridges. Otherwise, we recommend you get only standard Epson 252 cartridges. All aftermarket Epson 252XL ink cartridges print the same number of pages as original Epson cartridges.
How many pages can WF-3640 ink cartridges print?
BLACK:A standard Epson 252 (T252120) black prints 350 pages. A high yield Epson 252XL black (T252XL120) contains more ink and prints 1,100 pages.
CYAN:A standard Epson 252 (T252220) cyan prints 300 pages. A high yield Epson 252XL cyan (T252XL220) contains more ink and prints 1,100 pages.
MAGENTA:A standard Epson 252 (T252320) magenta prints 300 pages. A high yield Epson 252XL magenta (T252XL320) contains more ink and prints 1,100 pages.
YELLOW:A standard Epson 252 (T252420) yellow prints 300 pages. A high yield Epson 252XL yellow (T252XL420) contains more ink and prints 1,100 pages.
Enjoy BIG savings and brilliant print results with aftermarket Epson 252 cartridges!
Can I print with just the black cartridge?
No, the WorkForce WF-3640 needs all four color cartridges to be installed for it to work. Running on just black while all other cartridges are empty can overheat your printhead and result in expensive irreversible damages.
How do I change the ink in my Epson WF 3640?
1. Make sure your printer is turned on.
2. Check your printer's current ink levels to know which cartridge needs to be replaced.
3. Lift the scanner unit to expose the inside of your printer.
4. The printhead will move, wait for it to stop in the middle. Don't reach inside the printer until the printhead has stopped completely.
5. To remove the empty ink cartridge, lift the cartridge cover to expose the cartridges.
6. Squeeze the tab and lift the empty cartridge gently up from the slot.
7. Gently shake the new cartridge before removing the packaging.
8. Remove ONLY the yellow tape. Do not remove any other seal or label as this can damage your cartridge. Do not touch the green chip on the cartridge as well. This can cause communication errors between your printer and cartridge.
9. Install new cartridge into empty slot and click it into place. Make sure it's oriented the same way as the other cartridges. Do not wait too long before you put in the new cartridge. The printhead might dry out if you leave a slot exposed for too long.
10. Close the cartridge cover and gently snap it into place.
11. Close the scanner unit.
12. Your printer's LCD screen should detect the new cartridge.
What type ink is in the cartridges dye or pigmented ink?
An original Epson 252 DURABrite cartridge contains pigment-based ink. This aftermarket cartridge however contains dye-based ink but the print results are just as vibrant.
All of our products are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Take advantage of our great prices on our remanufactured ink cartridges and save money on supplies for your Epson WorkForce WF-3640. Our professionally remanufactured cartridges for your Epson WorkForce WF-3640 are original Epson inkjet cartridges which have been through one cycle of service and have been recharged. They have gone through a rigorous testing and quality assurance process and is run through an actual print test. If the cartridges pass our rigid standards, they have been remanufactured! We also carry genuine Epson brand ink cartridges for your Epson WorkForce WF-3640.
Subscribe to our Email Notifications for exclusive offers and discounts!